Karnataka coronavirus: Karnataka: DK, Udupi report 577 new Covid-19 cases, record 13 deaths | Mangaluru News – Times of India


MANGALURU/UDUPI: Covid-19 graph of coastal districts of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi in Karnataka saw a mini-plateauing on Thursday with nine additional cases compared to the 568 on Wednesday. Out of this, Dakshina Kannada added 350 new cases and Udupi 277. Total positive cases in DK as on date are 16,112 and that in Udupi is 13,572. Active cases in DK district that reported nine Covid-19 related deaths is 3,273 and that in Udupi with four deaths stands at 1,897.
Influenza like illness (119) constituted 34% of total cases in DK, deputy commissioner Dr KV Rajendra said. Primary contacts (100) comprised 28% cases, source of infection under investigation (104) 29% and severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) (27) 7.7%. In all, 52% of the 350 cases (182) were symptomatic and the rest 48% (168) asymptomatic. Mangaluru taluk contributed to 44% (154) of the caseload, followed by Bantwal 56, Belthangady 48.
The nine new Covid-19 deaths including five in Mangaluru taluk, two in Belthangady and one each in Bantwal and patients from outside the district took the overall death tally to 427. The discharge of 170 patients took the total number of patients discharged to 12412. The overall mortality rate in DK district as on September 2 stood at 2.82% and 73% of those were males. A majority of those who succumbed to the virus were in the age-group of 60-80.
Udupi DC G Jagadeesha said 124 cases were from primary contacts, source of infection in 36 is being probed, 58 have ILI and 9 patients had SARI. The number of symptomatic cases was more at 121. Udupi taluk contributed to 119 cases, 56 from Karkala, 42 from Kundapura and 19 were from outside Udupi. Three of the four Covid-19 deaths reported were co-morbid patients from Udupi and one was from Karkala, taking the death tally to 126.
Advertisement



Source link

Advertisement

Sagar Biswas

Leave a Reply