Bengaluru unlock 1.0 news: Today’s updates | Bengaluru News – Times of India
*While the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) has given its class 10 and 12 candidates the choice to either take the pending exams or opt for pre-board or internal assessment (IA) marks, students in Bengaluru are a divided lot.
* Update at 11.52am: PM Narendra Modi launches Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyaan to generate employment for migrants who returned home during coronavirus lockdown
* Update at 11.35am: Second Covid death of cop reported in Bengaluru taking tally of police personnel in the city to 36
* Update at 10.52am: Dc Mr Ravi and SP HD Anand Kumar visited Gundlupet town
Karnataka: Dc MR Ravi and SP HD Anand Kumar visited #Gundlupet town#KarnatakaCoronaUpdate https://t.co/K1E66sS5Ql
— TOI Bengaluru (@TOIBengaluru) 1592630571000Advertisement
* Update at 10.44am: Twenty two new Covid-19 cases reported in Mysuru taking tally to 151
* Update at 9.45am: Highest single-day spike of 14,516 Covid-19 cases pushes India’s tally to 3,95,048; death toll rises to 12,948 with 375 new fatalities, reports PTI quoting government
* Update at 9.39am: A Gundlupet resident tests positive for Covid-19, first case in Karnataka’s Chamarajanagar
*Students staying in paying guest (PG) accommodations in Bengaluru are being forced to shell out almost the entire rent amount even though they have been away in their hometowns for the last two months.
*A state health department’s projection based on current pace of spread indicates that the number of Covid-19 cases in Karnataka will hit the 1-lakh mark by August 15.
*Bengaluru recorded 138 Covid-19 cases — its highest in 24 hours — and seven deaths on Friday, taking the city’s caseload to 982 and the toll to 58.
*Karnataka chief minister BS Yediyurappa’s home office ‘Krishna’ was shut for sanitisation on Friday after the husband of a constable working there tested positive for coronavirus.
*The divisional office of South Western Railway in Bengaluru shut on Friday after a staffer tested positive.