All set: Buses are just waiting for the word go
The Union Home Ministry is likely to announce relaxed guidelines for
Initially, only non air-conditioned intra-district buses and BMTC buses will be allowed. Later as and when the inter-district and inter-state travel is allowed, those buses too will be operated.
KSRTC Managing Director Shivayogi M Kalsad told
“We are ready to operate anytime,’’ he said. Initially, only a few buses will be allowed to operate to busy areas likes government office complexes, industrial areas, railway stations, IT corridors among others.
* Empty seats will be marked to maintain physical distance. Only half of the seating capacity will be allowed to travel. A seat between two passengers will be kept empty.
* In non air-conditioned sleeper coaches, only one passenger is allowed per berth.
* No standing passenger is allowed. Passengers without masks are not allowed.
* Bus conductor/driver have to obtain details of names of passenger, their phone numbers. Passengers should not be allowed to write their details.
* Seat between two passengers will be kept empty to maintain physical distance.
* Only one set of crew will be allowed to work while allowing other staff to rest. Operating services with same set of crew during peak hours only by giving more rest to crew during non-peak hours.
* At the bus stands, only restricted entry for buses and passengers. All passengers will be thermal screened and only those with masks will be allowed.
* Any passenger showing high temperature should be made to sit in the last seat. Such passenger should be taken to a nearby hospital and the staff should inform the higher officials.
* Conductors and drivers should wear masks and hand gloves.
* Bus depots and workshops should be sanitised every week.