4 electrocuted while erecting pandal in Bengaluru | Bengaluru News – Times of India

BENGALURU: Four employees of a tent house and a construction firm were electrocuted and five others sustained injuries while putting up a pandal for the foundation stone-laying ceremony of a residential apartment complex in Indlabele village, near Attibele, on Wednesday.
Police said the accident occurred between 11am and 11.30am on a four-acre plot, where the apartment is to come up. The foundation stone-laying ceremony was slated for Thursday. The builders had asked Usha Kirana tent house from Kannahalli, near HSR Layout, to put up the pandal.
Poles hit wire, workers collapse
The tent house manager noticed that the poles were not fixed properly to the dais and he asked workers to shift them a little away.
Instead of dismantling the poles, the labourers lifted them, which hit a high-tension electric wire passing through the property and all of them collapsed. The labourers were rushed to hospital, where doctors declared four of them brought dead; the others are in the ICU.
The deceased are Akash, 30, from Kalaburagi; Mahadesh, 35, from Hanur, near Chamarajanagar; Vishakantha, 35, from T Narsipur, near Mysuru; and Vijay Singh, 30, from Jharkhand. While Vijay worked with a construction company, the others were tenthouse employees. The injured are Vishnu Kumar, 19, and Gurudev, 25, from Jharkhand; Arun Kumar, 20, and Beeranna, 19, from Kalaburagi; and Deepak Kumar, 20, from Bihar. According to police, condition of Vishnu and Arun is critical.
Case booked

Lakshmi Ganesh K, additional superintendent of police (Bengaluru district), said they have taken up a case under IPC Section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and named the tent house owner, supervisor, builder, site manager, land owner and others as suspects.

Source link


Sagar Biswas

Leave a Reply

Close Bitnami banner