Realme C15 Qualcomm Edition starts receiving Android 11 update in India – Times of India
NEW DELHI: Smartphone maker Realme started rolling out the Android 11 update for the Qualcomm Edition Realme C15 smartphone. Launched last year in October, the company has started rolling out the Android 11 update in India. Along with the Android 11 update, the smartphone also received Realme UI 2.0 update.
The update comes with firmware version RMX2195PU_11.A.05 and it is being rolled out in a phased manner. The update will be initially rolled out to a limited number of users and a broader roll out will commence in coming days.
With Android 11 update, the Realme C15 users will experience features like default screen recorder, better media controller, native smart home control, one-time permission to apps, security fixes via Google Play and others.
Realme also recommends the users of Realme C15 to fully charge the smartphone before downloading the update.
Here’s the complete changelog of the update
Personalise the user interface to make it your own
• You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
• Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
• Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
• You can now drag text, images, or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
• Optimising the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
• Added “Optimised night charging”: An AI algorithm is used to control charging speed at night to extend battery life.
• Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
• You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
• Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
• Optimised vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
• Optimised “Auto brightness”.
• You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
• Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
Security and Privacy
• Added “System cloner”: You can create a system clone from your main system and use different fingerprints to enter different systems.
• You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
• More powerful SOS functions
Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
• Optimised “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
• Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
• You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
• You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
• Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
• Optimised the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
• You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data, and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
• You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
• Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos you just took.
• Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
• Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
• Added Sleep Capsule for you to restrict your phone use for better rest and sleep.
• Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds in the environment and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.